February 23, 2008

Muffins, Interrupted

Obviously, nobody tried to make the muffin recipe I posted back in November. Or if they did, they assumed the failure was their own. They would have been fairly flat muffins, as it appears that I left out some very key ingredients....well, I included not enough of one (baking soda) and entirely skipped the cream of tartar. Since the original recipe (that I tweaked) calls for 4 teaspoons of baking powder, and those missing items are the replacements....well, it's no light matter. And neither would the results be, without 'em!

Here is the corrected version. Humble apologies for the egg on my face (and let us all be thankful that I couldn't find my copy, but knew I had posted it, so printed it out and read it and realized it was wrong....I gotta pay my test-kitchen people more....)

No comments: