January 6, 2008

Hanson Vineyards

Yeah, yeah, I know, you've heard nothing since before Christmas. I am doing okay; much better now, and we have had many excellent adventures.

But for now, I'd like to direct you to Hanson Vineyards. I know from *nothing* about wines (except I like some of them), but I do know the Hansons, and they are given to doing things "right" (among other things, though certainly not limited to, producing Ellen!). So my guess is, they're making some good stuff (there are two bottles of it on our counter at the moment, one of which I don't think *you* can buy yet--at least not online--neener neener neener). Try it for yourself! They're happy to have tours, and you can see all the equipment up close (I know, because we did. Check out the photo section on their site--we saw it all today.)

(Oh, and while they're working on a wider distribution, you can get it from them direct, or at the Glockenspiel Restaurant in Mt. Angel.) Not only are they a local business, and therefore worthy of our support...they are also, truly, some of the finest and nicest people I know.

No comments: