November 20, 2007

Hello, My Name is Ginger...

...and I'm addicted to Scrabble.

See, Facebook has a contract with these people called "Scrabulous". It's a turn-based game setup (so you don't have to be online at the same time as your opponents(s) ), and it comes with a handy word-looker-upper thingy so you can tell if it will let you get away with the bizarre ones.

I'm sure I can stop anytime...but there are people out there, waiting for my move. And they're not faceless Internet strangers; I *know* these people. And now I can play Scrabble with them without having to clear off a table. Does that make them enablers?

Anyway, it's a good time.

Seriously, quite apart from the thrill of connecting with people, some of whom were in the long-lost category, it's about worth it to sign up for FB just so you can play Scrabble with me (just so's you know, majoring in English is not always an advantage. I waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to use up all my tiles on the perfect triple word score block, while Matt's busy blasting me away with cunningly placed, complex words like....."the".)

No comments: