July 2, 2007

Hail to the Chief

In between the buzz of grading at the end of the year, another benching
with colds in June (I mostly escaped this time, but it's kept us from
visiting), and being a Single Parent during Nationals, I neglected to
mention yet another change for next year.

Matt's the union president.

Actually, he's the CO-president, no small distinction. He's been
fighting off the...uh...honor, for a few years, with my hearty support,
partly because he knew I would have an extended psychotic episode if he
were gone any more than he already was. So, this year, as the
electorate closed in on him from all sides, he said if only someone
else could go to all the *meetings*, he'd be willing to be the Big
Argumentative Cheese. And lo, it was made so. The co-pres will go to
any school board meetings where Matt doesn't need to, you know,
intervene, and Matt will be to go-to guy for grievances and liasing
with the super, etc. It seems like a good deal to me.

No comments: