May 6, 2007

Falling Into Work Again

I have another job.

I'm working--telecommuting, really--for an old friend who decided to let her former bookkeeper go. Believe me when I say I was not really looking for another way to fill those long, empty hours (um, which hours would those be? The ones when--hopefully--I am asleep?), but it certainly seems like a good fit for both of us, for now at least.

We manage to get everything done via Internet, phone, and efax, including payroll tax quarterlies. Those babies flexed my muscles last week, since I hadn't done any since working as a Licensed Tax Preparer, eight or so years ago. Fortunately (for this), the IRS is a massive and slow-to-change beaureaucracy, no matter who is in power, so not much has changed in the interim (and the Oregon Department of Revenue, in this as in so many other things, follows in the IRS' footsteps.)

No comments: