November 10, 2006

Children Who Raise Themselves

That last post was kind of a downer. So here's a little scatological humor to cheer you up.

I figure at the point your children start raising each other, you are either: a) a really good mother--look what a fine example you're setting! or b) about to called on by Child Services. I choose to assume the former, thanks.

What brings on this lovely reflection was the following exchange:

Emily: (censored)
Me: "Oooooh, Emily, you tooted on me."
Laura: "NO, Emily, you're supposed to toot on Daddy!"

Obviously, I'm doing my job well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :)

Re the dust thing, you might want to think about getting a Roomba - its a little robot that vacuums for you. I choose a room a day and lock him in there, and by the time I get back he's vacuumed it, and is sitting there looking sexy and intelligent and waiting to be put back on the charger and congratulated for doing such a great job, like any man who vacuums. Oh whoops did I type that? ;)

Good thing you don't live in Australia, we have spiders in large quantities and they are *huge*.