October 27, 2006

Cute Kid Quotes

If you're the sort of person who would rather have your favorite breakfast food skewered by a red-hot poker (and thus, ruined) than read about other people's children's cutenesses, just save us all and stop reading now. Those with stronger stomachs should feel free to forge ahead.

"B-I-N-G-O and Nemo was his name-O." (No, she hasn't seen the movie.) Clearly, we have a ways to go on the whole spelling thing.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna rabbit shine." (I like my bunnies bright and shiny, too.) This one would not be so bizarre except that "Rabbit Shine" becomes the title--tricky when I'm trying to figure out what she's asking for!

"Chicken Little Soup." Comes in the famous red-and-white can. I confess this one has had me smirking to myself in the mornings for a week. There's something about picturing that stupid, obnoxious little bird made into soup that's very, very satisfying. And not just because it tastes good.

[Sitting at dinner.]
Laura: [Apropos of nothing; completely random.] "I love you, Mama."
Me: [melting, of course]: "Why, thank you, sweetheart, I love you too."

An uncomfortable pause ensues. Everyone is just sort of looking at her.

Laura: "And I love you Daddy, I love you Emily, I love you Dudley, I love you Fiona, I love you dolly!"

Whew! That fixed 'em. (of course, the last three weren't there to hear it....)

No comments: