April 9, 2006

Relive the magic...

For the last week or so, I've been working on archiving our digital photos. I'm fairly good about saving them on CD so we have a copy in case of hard drive or other disaster, but I hadn't done anything about preserving them offsite. (and, Scot that I am, I haven't gotten around to even printing up hard copies to put in other people's hands.)

Then, I had a brainstorm: Blogger lets you do unlimited photo blogging. For free. And their servers aren't in my house. So, killing two birds with one stone, I figure I can back up all the pictures worth saving, and at the same time, have a place for you, the loyal reader/viewer, to see our pictures.

The initial results are at: http://oglefamilypics.blogspot.com/ . I'm still fiddling around with stuff, but if you're pretty bored and want to watch as I add our backlog of pictures (beginning two and a half years ago, give or take), now you can. I hope to eventually scan and add in pics from our wedding, and perhaps even photos from our kid-hoods. I find I love the feeling of knowing they're recorded elsewhere, current events being what they are (and always have been!).

I will post here when I get significant chunks uploaded, and/or when I'm finally current (we have about six months worth of stuff you haven't seen yet...that's my carrot!)

No comments: