September 21, 2005

Who's that Girl?

Having gone to the doc today for Emily's two-month check up (all is well: 80% in height, 90% in weight!, no apparent signs of secondary infection so far from the Family Cold), I heard again how much alike our girls look. (and it was from the doctor, who notices these things since she sees a lot of babies...). I've thought so from the start, though I get funny looks from people (Matt :-P) when I say so.

So, here's the challenge. Which one is which? (Matt is disqualified, since he took both photos...and he lives here!) I might reveal the answer at some later date...we'll see. I tried to make it fair by looking for similar poses at around the same age.

Apart from the doctor's appointment, which Matt kindly came home early to help out with, I've been trying to get packed for my weekend. I leave tomorrow for a women's retreat with my church, and won't be back until Saturday. Since I haven't pumped that much milk (and Matt would quail in terror at the prospect of two little girls and him...all alone...no Mama...), Emily is going along, too. I'll update when I get back. Meanwhile, I've left you with the pictures. Go ahead, take a guess....

3 comments:

Tami said...

Ummm...top is Laura, bottom is Emily. I only say so because I vaguely recognize the bottom pic and that must mean I've seen it more recently...? Hmmm

Have fun at the retreat. I am still hacking *cough* :( The soup was good, though.

Ty Davison said...

Actually, I think it's the reverse of Tami's guess. I'd say it's Emily on top and Laura on the bottom, but I have difficulty telling my own kids apart in photos of them at the same age. I can't imagine I'd do well here, but at least my odds are 50/50. =)

Tami said...

Ahhh Ty is right...I went looking through some old emails and I realized the bottom pic was familiar to me because I had seen it when I'd recently looked up your original New Baby email from a couple years back! I must've gone looking, comparing pics myself already. ;) Is that a mom thing to do? LOL

When I first posted, I kinda thought the top one looked more like Emily anyway because of the darker hair but I'd forgotten about looking back already. Mommy-short-term memory is practically nonexistent around here. I am often amazed at my brain's ability to hang onto information that is important/relevant and immediately dismiss the rest...