September 3, 2005

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Obviously, I got through Thursday alright; Laura is having some adjustments, though, getting used to Mommy being able to physically enforce orders again (i.e., picking her UP off the couch when she's standing on it!). It is nice to be able to just grab her for hugs when I feel like it (or nose rubs. "No WUB!" ) I also realized Tuesday that I honestly hadn't changed her diaper in at least six weeks, though I've been doing Emily. The contrast is, to be blunt, a bit like a human standing next to the Statue of Liberty! My, how they grow....

Yesterday, Jonah came over to play. I took Emily, and Matt took the two toddlers, and as far as I know, everybody had fun (I know all of us did, and judging from the squeals of toddler glee, especially during "Chase", Jonah did, too!) It's a golden time when they have someone else who'll chase them endlessly, and who is not so big or strong by comparison that there's a clear winner and loser in disputes over toys (Full disclosure: generally, it was Jonah who was wronged. We tried to administer justice quickly, though. Some day, Laura will learn to share...and then be bitter when Emily breaks her things. Ah, youth...)

Matt, being with them all day, was particularly struck by the difference in development and language ability (they're six months apart, give or take). For instance, if you ask enough, Laura will get her sippy cup from wherever she's left it. Usually. It may or may not make it to where it was supposed to be going (the dinner table, for instance), but she'll find it for you. Any discussion about it on her part may or may not be intelligible. Jonah, on the other hand, not only collected both their sippy cups when asked, but dropped Laura's off at her high chair with a "here ya go" without being asked. *I* was impressed, too. Anyhow, it was a good time.

2 comments:

Ty Davison said...

Glad to hear that you all had a good time. I asked Jonah if he enjoyed "chase" and he gave a definitive "yes!" Thanks for inviting him over.

Thanks also for the Atom feed to your blog. Now I'll have all your new entries automatically brought to my attention. =)

—Ty

Ginger Ogle said...

You're welcome, and you're welcome! We should get them to play together more often.

I'm glad to know, at last, that the atom feed thing works. :-)